Friday 29 April 2011

Fuck Off We're Full

You've probably heard it, or seen it on a t-shirt teamed with footy shorts and double-pluggers, or on the back of a VN Commodore. I'd also consider it a safe bet that it's tattooed on more than one resident of Sydney's Sutherland Shire. I saw it (well, the last two words anyway) on the back of a motorhome recently and it got me thinking - just how full are we, and what can we do about it?

Australia ranks 234th on a list of 240 in terms of population density, ahead of the likes of Western Sahara, Mongolia and Greenland.

I'm not aware of any "FOWF" signs being erected on Ashmore Reef or Christmas Island, so I must assume that these concerned citizens are proposing changes to our immigration laws that cover all types of arrivals. If we are to limit our immigration numbers, we naturally need to deal with the main offenders first: the UK, New Zealand and South Africa dumped over 40,000 expats on our shores last year, with China, India and the Philippines adding another 38,000. I'll have a petition started immediately, demanding a suspension of immigration from the main countries that send us white people, and visit Cronulla Beach to ask for signatures. I'll let you know how I get on...


My first question to this trio would be, "Is that what you think Australia looks like?" - they were obviously absent on the day of geography lessons at school. I'll bet they dropped those ciggie butts on the sand, too.

I wonder if it works the other way - do residents of Western Australia draw a reasonable image of the coast from Esperance to Broome, with just a blob on the east coast?

2 comments:

  1. if you Google images "Fuck Off We're Full" the three main country's that come up are the UK,USA and AU!
    now lest look at the obesity ranking for those country's USA #1 , UK #3 AU #6
    so i think it more of a literal fuck off we're full, monty python style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on some stranger's facebook profile photo, and it made me wonder, why do some Australians apparently harbor such resentment towards immigrants? I'm an American and I was considering applying for a holiday work visa to go to Australia next year, now I wonder if that's such a good idea...

    ReplyDelete